Home buying can be an emotional and time-consuming process if you don’t have a good plan and a place to start. There are so many great property deals, as well as awesome loan programs, so if you are able to buy – THE TIME IS NOW!
There are buyers out there that just aren’t sure if they’re in the market for a condo or a single-family home. They don’t know if they want to be near downtown or in the suburbs. If this sounds like you, then your real estate agent can be a big help for your home buying process.
They can show you a few different options, explaining the pros and cons of each. Hopefully, this will help you make a firm decision on the direction you’re headed.
Use these 6 quick tips to prepare for your search:
- Have your agent sign you up for weekly property searches – this gives you access to all the properties that meet your criteria in one updated list.
- Have an open mind – sometimes the pictures look better than the real deal, or vice versa the picture might not do the property justice.
- Have a solid plan – try not to second guess yourself, if you move too quickly or too slowly it could make all the difference.
- Be realistic about what you want – Stay on budget! (This budget is set by your Loan officer/Bank and this should be where your process starts)
- Create a wish list of wants, must haves, and/or deal breakers.
- When you have selected the house for you, visit it often. (See the property at night, after school, after it rains, etc. – this lets you know how the home and neighborhood function on a daily basis.)
House-hunting for the “perfect” home in many ways is like searching for that “perfect” romance – very rarely does everything about your proposed mate match your desires. Things you love at first may later bother you and become what you don’t want. House-hunting should be like dating. Take your time.