Sigh, 2013. It’s gone. The holidays are over and we’ve rung in a new year that’s full of promise and excitement. Now that 2014 is here and grab it by the horns, take a look at 5 beauty tips that will get you ready for an amazing year of festivities that you can surely take into the end of the year!
1. Trade in your everyday, normal eye shadow for a vibrant, jewel-toned shade like violet. For maximum impact, apply it around your lash line—top and bottom.
2. It’s all about full, fluffy curls. Depending on the texture of your hair, your choice of mousse will work perfectly. Want more defining curls — use a curling iron and pin curls in place until they cool. Then brush out spirals to widen your waves.
3. Try a pulling your hair away from your face. It is a perfect party ‘do: sleek, sexy, and best of all, so simple to do. A few sprays of your favorite hairspray and you’re done.
4. Make a bold statement with a deep, vampy lip. Any shade of cranberry or plum makes for an interesting and fun look. Just be sure that your lips are hydrated during the winter months to prevent cracked and dry lips.
5. What’s the secret to showing up to an office soirée with a glowing complexion? Less—not more—foundation. Always aim for a lightweight coverage that is completely even throughout your face and neck.